We are hiring – Program Manager
The Geelong Community Foundation is seeking a Program Manager to fill a newly created position within the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to build on the Geelong Community Foundation’s grant program that has provided $12m in grants to community organisations since inception in 2001.
The ideal candidate for this role will have considerable experience in community development, working within the community and or philanthropic sectors. They will review and manage all Foundation grant programs in conjunction with the CEO and Board Grants Committee, preparing application documents through to engaging with community organisation applicants, successful grant recipients and unsuccessful grant applicants. They will have strong communication skills that enable them to build strong, effective relationships with our community partners. Awareness of community issues, needs and identification and analysis of data that informs the grantmaking process will be high on their list of skills and knowledge.
This is a flexible part time position (3 days per week) based in Geelong.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Assist the Foundation team to provide advice and support to the Board regarding a strong and effective grant program.
- Ensure compliance with Foundation requirements for all grant applications and acquittals.
- Assist with and undertake stakeholder engagement and consultation to advise and assist relevant Foundation Board Committees.
- Develop and implement collaborative grant and funding strategies and activities which assist the Foundation to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Support the Board’s ‘Vital Signs‘ Committee that will identify data to understand strengths and weakness within our community and develop strategic opportunities to capitalise on the use Foundation grants.
- Support the Geelong Funders Collaborative to maximise collaboration opportunities with other funders.
- Coordinate and update content and stories for the Foundation’s external communication channels regarding grant opportunities and funded community organisation projects
- Provide connections to the Foundation’s Communications and Public Relations activity to ensure the stories of our grant recipients are communicated effectively to stakeholders.
- Engage with community organisations to ensure quality grant applications are received.
- Identify professional development opportunities for community organisations which may include grant writing, strong governance, strategic planning, impact and outcomes measurement etc.
- Track and monitor grant implementation, supporting organisations to achieve their objectives and identifying any challenges and strategic opportunities during the grant implementation period.
- Support the Foundation Grants Committee during the review of applications for each grant program.
- Prepare grant agreements and communication to grant applicants.
- Review the grant making policy annually to ensure systems, policies and procedures are effective.
- Maintenance of the Foundations community organisation data base to ensure current information.
Skills and Experience
- Considerable experience in the community sector with inclusion of grant administration preferable
- Highly organised with a passion for data analysis
- Strategic focus and experience with the capacity to facilitate discussion, effectively engage stakeholders and support change, development and growth in community programs
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal, strong people skills with a focus on effective customer service
- A collaborator, independent thinker with a proactive can-do attitude
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent years’ work experience highly desirable
- Strong connection to and interest in philanthropy and community wellbeing is essential
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to work with tight timelines and deadlines
- Strong focus on confidentiality and transparency
- A current driving licence
The position would suit an experienced practitioner who may be looking to reduce hours and or make a ‘sea change’ move to our beautiful region that has so much to offer.
If you’d like to have a conversation about the opportunity, please give the CEO, Gail Rodgers a call 0431 059905.
Ideally, the Foundation would like to have the Program Manager engaged in their role by February/March 2023 and hit the ground running with the review of applications for the 2023/24 grant program.
Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com and should be submitted by Friday 27 January.