Scholarship opportunities for 2023 are now open, closing at 5pm Tuesday 28th March.
The Geelong Community Foundation Scholarship Fund is a public fund developed for the charitable purpose of providing scholarships to promote and support education for secondary and tertiary students.
General Education Support Scholarship opportunities are offered to assist the education goals for students in Years 10 and 11 in 2023. These are open to students who meet the criteria below. The value of the General Education Scholarships range from $500 to $4,000.
For students interested in a career pathway involving Agriculture, Horticulture or related pursuits, additional scholarships are available for students who are between 15 and 25 years old and meet the scholarship criteria – see below.
Scholarship details are as follows;
- Rural Education and Retraining Scholarship – up to $1,000 to a student interested in agriculture, horticulture or related pursuits
- Miles Family Scholarship – $1,000 or 2 x $500 scholarship/s to a student/s interested in agriculture, related pursuits or general education
- Dorothy Jean Scholarship – $1,000 or 2 x $500 scholarship/s to a student/s to support general education
- Backwell IXL Scholarships – 4 x $2,000 scholarships to students to support general education
- John Wade Memorial Scholarship – 1 x $4,000 scholarship to a student to support general education
All scholarships are designed to support students’ education success and some of the options for funding could be;
- support for an apprenticeship, a diploma/degree,
- costs to attend a workshop connected with the student’s career aspirations,
- assistance with payment of fees, books, technological devices,
- camps and excursions linked to educational outcomes.
This is not an exhaustive list and the Geelong Community Foundation is open to applications from students for support, which meet the criteria.
Scholarships are offered based on meeting the criteria below;
- Students should be moving into year 10 or year 11 in 2023 for general education scholarships.
- Students should be between 15 and 25 years if applying for an agriculture/horticulture scholarship.
- Students must live in the broader Geelong region and be an Australian resident.
- Students will need to complete the application form and provide information regarding;
Personal achievements and community involvement
Scholarships Application Form
Please complete the application form and send to Gail Rodgers by 5pm Tuesday 28th March.
If you have any questions, please contact the Geelong Community Foundation:
Gail Rodgers, Chief Executive Officer
Tel: 0431 059905 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org