Scholarship opportunities for 2023
The Geelong Community Foundation Scholarship Fund is a public fund developed for the charitable purpose of providing scholarships, bursaries and prizes to promote education for secondary and tertiary students.
- General Education Support Scholarship opportunities are offered to support the education goals for students in Years 10 and 11 in 2023. These are open to students who meet the criteria below and close on 21st November 2022. The value of the General Education Scholarships range from $500 to $4,000.
- For any students who are interested in a career pathway involving Agriculture and Horticulture, in March 2023 there will be additional scholarships for students who are between 15 and 25 years old and meet the scholarship criteria – see below.
All of these scholarships are designed to support students to be successful and some of the options for funding could be;
- support for an apprenticeship, a diploma/degree,
- costs to attend a workshop connected with the student’s career aspirations,
- assistance with payment of fees, books, technological devices,
- camps and excursions linked to educational outcomes.
However, this is not an exhaustive list and the Geelong Community Foundation is open to applications from students for support, which meet the criteria.
General Education Scholarships for 2023 are now open
Scholarships are offered based on meeting the criteria below;
- Students should be moving into year 10 or year 11 in 2023
- Live in the broader Geelong region and be an Australian resident.
- Students will need to complete the application form and provide information regarding
Personal achievements and community involvement
Applications for the general education scholarships for 2023 will close Monday 21st November 2022.
Please complete the application form and send to Gail Rodgers by the 21st November 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact the Geelong Community Foundation:
Gail Rodgers, Chief Executive Officer
Tel: 0431 059905 Email: email@example.com
Agriculture and Horticulture Scholarships will open in 2023
Tom & Irene Cleary Memorial Scholarship
The Tom & Irene Cleary Memorial Scholarship provides financial support to one young person aged between 16 to 25 years, who is seeking a career in any part of the Agricultural and Horticultural sector.
The scholarship is valued at $1,000 and applications for 2023 will open in March 2023. Interested applicants are encouraged to make contact for more information.
Rural Education and Retraining Scholarship
The objective of the Rural Education and Retraining Scholarship is to promote excellence in agriculture and related pursuits. The scholarship is funded by a local benefactor and is part of the Geelong Community Foundation Scholarship Program.
There is one scholarship valued at $1,000. Applications for 2023 will open in March 2023. Interested applicants are encouraged to make contact for more information.