Once-in-a-lifetime mentor opportunity with Geelong Youth Engagement
Would someone in your workplace, community or even yourself like to make a difference to someone’s life?
Adroit Insurance & Risk has had a long-term relationship with the Geelong Community Foundation, including as community partner of the Adroit Insurance & Risk Charity Golf Day. In this role, the Foundation has supported Adroit Insurance & Risk to distribute funds raised to worthy local causes.
This year, the Adroit Insurance & Risk Charity Golf Day is raising funds for Geelong Youth Engagement (GYE). The funds will go towards purchasing a bus to transport participants involved in its Mentoring Program. The GYE Mentoring Program is aimed at school-aged youth throughout Geelong in a priority population who are experiencing issues at home, work, in school or socially. It encourages the participants to build stronger relationships within their education, employment and families by increasing self-confidence, self-belief and resilience. It also allows for engagement and connection with others who are going through similar experiences.
In the past, the program has been run over a 20-week period where the participants undertake training and receive mentoring through volunteers to prepare for the Kokoda trail.
We are thrilled to announce that we have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to participate in a Mentoring Program with Geelong Youth Engagement and the Geelong Kokoda Youth Program (GKYP). GKYP has an opportunity for someone to become an adult mentor and walk the Kokoda trail while supporting and creating relationships with the young people taking part in this life-changing program.
• 20 weeks of intensive personal training with the young people participating in GKYP
• All trekking costs (porters, guides, accommodation and meals)
• Flights, visas and travel insurance
• Equipment and clothing, including hiking boots
• Lead-up weekend hikes as a group
• Health check and inoculations
What to expect:
• Influencing the trajectory of an at-risk young person in a priority population by enabling them to create new opportunities in their lives
• Personal development
• Collaboration within the community
• Enhanced physical fitness
• Accomplishment of walking the third-most-challenging trek in the world
This opportunity will be sold via expressions of interest, with a starting reserve of $5,000. The winning bid will be announced at the Adroit Insurance & Risk Charity Golf Day, with the cut-off time 7pm on 17th March 2022.
If you are, or know someone, who might be interested, please leave your best offer and expression of interest with Josie Nadile at Adroit Insurance & Risk on 03 5244 7851 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org