Main Grant Round
Applications Now Closed
To watch a 50 minute recording of the 2024/25 Main Grant Round Information Session for this grant round click here and use passcode: =?g7T8nn.
To help you navigate through to the content that’s relative to you we have identified the key sections of the video with their corresponding times below.
01:40- New Grant Streams
06:30- Core grant information
08:27- Grant Eligibility
10:10- Grant Assessment Process
11:28- Key dates
12:35- Grant Application Instructions
14:01- Grant Application Word Document
14:51- Grant Application Form Guidance Document- Tips on how to respond
33:47- Budget, Narrative and Project Plan- Tips on how to complete
44:06- Grant Auspice Confirmation Form
46:25- Online Application Form
50:00- Close and thank you.
2024/25 Main Grant Round
The Geelong Community Foundation Main Grant Round opened for applications in mid- December 2023 and is now closed. Applications will be accepted for projects that align with the Foundation’s four grant streams.
- Food and Emergency Support
- Health, Resilience and Connection
- Education and Employment; and
- Environment and Sustainability
For more information on eligible grant activities, click here.
Projects must be delivered within the City of Greater Geelong, Borough of Queenscliffe, Surf Coast Shire and Golden Plains Shire. Projects can be delivered over a 1-3 year period.
Applications can be submitted for grants between $1,000 and $100,000.
Small Grant Applications
Applications for grants of $1,000 – $15,000 should be completed on the Foundation’s Small Grant Application Form. Applications for small grants require less information than the main grant program.
Applications for small grants will support one-off activity for a period of one-year only.
Main Grant Applications
Applications for grants of $15,001- $100,000 should be completed on the Foundation’s Main Grant Application Form.
Please note that only a small number of large grants ($50,000+) and multi-year grants are available. If you intend to submit an application for a large or multi-year grant, we highly encourage you to contact our Program Manager Amy Waters on 0413 868 721 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your application.
Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Only one application per organisation can be submitted
- Grant applicants must be endorsed as either a Deductible Gift Recipient 1 (DGR1) or Tax Concession Charity (TCC) or have a confirmed auspice arrangement with an organisation that has either DGR1 or TCC status.
- Grant applicants (or confirmed auspice organisation) must be registered with the Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission (ACNC) with current and up-to-date reporting on the ACNC register.
- Auspice organisations are eligible to auspice one application in addition to their own application
- Organisations that are predominantly funded by state government are ineligible to apply. i.e. public hospitals and public schools.
- The grant application must be for the delivery of a project within the City of Greater Geelong, Borough of Queenscliffe, Surf Coast Shire and Golden Plains Shire.
If you are unsure of your status, please contact Amy Waters, Program Manager on 0413 868 721 or email@example.com before you commence your application.
Grant Applications will be reviewed by staff of the Foundation and the Foundation’s Grants Committee. Applications will be assessed in line with the Foundation’s grants criteria and scoring matrix and will be prioritised for funding based on the need in the community and the intended impact of the project.
Organisations may be required to present their case for funding at a face-to-face interview with members of the Grants Committee.
A number of small grant applications will be allocated to the Schools in Philanthropy (SIP) Program for review and recommendation. Applications allocated to the SIP Program will be required to participate in an organisational visit with students from the participating schools. Organisations will be informed if their application has been allocated to the SIP Program in early March 2024.
All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in mid-May 2024.
- Applications open Wednesday 13 December 2023
- Applications closed midnight Monday 12 February 2024
- Applications allocated to the Schools in Philanthropy Program will be notified in early March 2024
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in mid-May 2024
- Funding will be provided on receipt of an executed grant agreement
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend the Foundation’s Annual Grant Reception on Thursday 6th June 2024
- Grant delivery to commence 1 July 2024
2024/25 Main Grant Round Application Instructions
To apply for the 2024/25 Main Grant Round, you will need to complete the online application form.
Before you complete the application form you should review the 2024/25 Grant Agreement Terms and Conditions to ensure that your organisation will be able to comply with the requirements of the grant.
Below are a number of documents to support you to complete your application.
Small Grant Application
- 2024/25 Small Grant Application Form- Word Version
- 2024/25 Small Grant Application Form Guidance
- 2024/25 Small Grant Budget
- 2024/25 Auspice Confirmation Form
To apply for a Small Grant of up to $15,000 complete the online Small Grant Application Form.
Main Grant Application
- 2024/25 Main Grant Application Form- Word Version
- 2024/25 Main Grant Application Form Guidance
- 2024/25 Main Grant Budget, Narrative and Project Plan
- 2024/25 Auspice Confirmation Form
To apply for a Grant for greater than $15,000 complete the online Main Grant Application Form.
We recommend that you download the word version of the Grant Application Form and prepare your response within the word document. You will then be able to cut and paste your answers from the word version into the online application form when you are ready to submit.
Applications for Small Grants are required to include a Budget and applications for the Main Grant are required to include a Budget, Narrative and Project Plan.
Please refer to the Grant Application Form Guidance document for tips on how to respond to each question in the Application Form and the Budget, Narrative and Project Plan.
If your organisation does not have DGR1 or TCC status you will need to have an auspice arrangement in place in order to apply for the grant and you will need to upload an Auspice Confirmation as part of your application.
If you require any further information or would like to discuss your grant application, which is encouraged, please contact Amy Waters on 0413 868 721 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Gail Rodgers on 0431 059 905 or email@example.com